Excerpted from the breakthrough book:
www.ToGetPregnant.com - The Gluten Free Diet That Can Help You Get Pregnant Faster
Get Pregnant Fast!
PLUS: How to find the hidden sources of gluten in your diet
The longer you have been living with a gluten allergy – and the degree to which you are affected – can make a huge difference in terms of how long it may take to heal your intestines, get your villi “back on their feet” and your nutrient absorption profile back to normal. For some it may be only a matter of months, for others it could take several years before a complete healing occurs.
The good news is that as soon as you eliminate gluten from your diet, the healing process begins almost immediately. And this means that every day you stay away from these foods you are one step closer to getting pregnant! In fact, studies show that for many women there can be a remarkable turn around in just a few months time.
Indeed, with an increased ability to absorb nutrients, and the reduction of inflammation caused by the toxic reaction to gluten, experts say that for many couples, unexplained infertility all but disappears! For women who are having repeated miscarriages, a healthy pregnancy is often eminent once these gluten-rich foods are eliminated.
What's key to remember, however, is that diet IS the only cure for Celiac disease or gluten allergy. Moreover, there is no such thing as “cutting down” or eating
“ just a little”. Indeed, when this condition exists, even the smallest amount of gluten is enough to kick start the inflammatory process and begin the production of toxins that not only harm your health, but also your fertility.
Once diagnosed, there are many websites and books that can help you plan your diet –
and even tell you where to shop to find the best deals on wheat-free foods. While eating out can be more of a challenge, it can be easy if you stick to natural whole foods like fresh meats, fruits and vegetables.
Finding The HIDDEN Sources of Gluten In Your Diet !
To help you get started in hunting down some of the “hidden” sources of gluten
in your diet, what follows is a partial list of where to look. Remember, even in
small amounts gluten can be harmful, so if you are diagnosed with this condition,
you must remove all sources.
Some Hidden Sources of Gluten
* Breads, crackers, cookies, cakes, pie crust and pizza crust, grains and cereal.
* Pastas such as spaghetti and macaroni.
* Prepared foods such as frozen dinners, French fries, rice mixes
* Lunch meats, frankfurters, sausages, egg substitutes. )
* Canned soups, broths and soup mixes
* Vegetables in sauce, creamed vegetables, breaded vegetables, some
baked beans and some prepared vegetables and salads.
* Malted milk, cocoa mixes, some chocolate milk, nondairy creamers,
some flavored coffee and some herbal tea.
* Some alcoholic drinks such as ale, beer, gin and whiskey
* Flavored yogurts, frozen yogurts and ice creams
* Processed cheeses such as bleu, stilton, Roquefort and gorgonzola
* Fats found in some commercial salad dressings, wheat germ oil
and many commercial gravies and sauces
* Candy bars or candies which are dusted with wheat flour; butterscotch chips,
licorice and flavored syrups
* Dried fruits dusted with wheat flour, some prepared fruits and pie fillings
* Various flavorings such as curry powder, meat sauces, ketchup, mustard, horseradish, chip dips, most soy sauce, some distilled white vinegar, some cinnamon, some salad dressings, flavoring extracts, seasoning mixes, bouillon and bouillon cubes.
It is also important to note than gluten is found in the communion wafers used during certain religious services.
Additionally, some vitamin pills and herbal supplements also use gluten as a binding agent, and you may even find it in some lipsticks, postage stamps and adhesive used on envelopes.
Ingredients which are actually “gluten” in disguise include:
Bulgur, Bran, Brown rice syrup, Durum, Farina, Graham, Hydrolyzed vegetable protein, Kaska, Kamut, Kasha, Malt extract or flavorings, Malt vinegar, Matzo meal,
Oat gum, Semolina, Spelt, Teff, Triticale.
For more information on the foods & nutrients that can impact your fertility
pick up a copy of
Nature's Secrets For Making Babies
Over 500 pages of tips, advice and information that can change your life!